View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 13:05   #15
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Cable services wanted in Hunsdon, SG12 8PD

Quote:
Originally Posted by timacheson View Post
Please extend your broadband and cable service to my area ASAP!

Having been a Virgin customer (and previously NTL) for over 10 years, I have moved house (5 miles) and now have no access whatsoever to Virgin broadband and cable TB services. I am in the South East of ENgland, less than 30 miles from London!

May I offer some constructive feedback on Virgin broadband? The service is good, where it is available, but Virgin urgently needs to expand their network into new areas! In fact, I wish central government would take action to make this happen. I live in the South East of England, less than 30 miles from London, in Hertfordshire. Yet there are countless villages in my area, such as Hunsdon, where there is no high-speed internet service. In Hunsdon (serviced by the Much Hadham exchange) there is no Virgin service whatsoever, and the maximum available bandwidth is 0.5 MB to 1 MB! This is unacceptable in 2010. Hunsdon is a couple of miles from Harlow and Stanstead Abbots where good broadband speeds are widely available. Are we serious about the digital economy in Britain, or are we happy to be left behind?Virgin media seem to be resting on their laurels, when they should be investing in expanding the UK's internet infrastructure. This is not next-generation infrastructure; it's a case of upgrading from archaic last-gen copper-wire to current-gen fibre-optic cable.

I hope that BT Infinity will introduce some competition into this neglected marketplace.
Its unlikely that Infinity will provide any competition as the vast majority of exchanges being upgraded have little to no Cable access at all.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote