View Single Post
Old 19-03-2017, 15:22   #3034
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Even if your PC is using 2.4GHz, that doesn't necessarily mean the V6 is. You need to check on the V6 itself (in the Settings->Network menu).

If you have a SuperHub 2 or 2ac, you should see two network names, one ending "2G" and the other ending "5G". Just pick the 5G one. If it's a SuperHub 3, by default they have the same name so you'll need to rename the 5GHz one first.
Thanks to your help, I am now able to watch box B recordings thru box A.

Box A is connected via Ethernet cable to the hub (no idea what hub it is), box B is connected but at 2.4GHz.

Only did a quick test so not sure how stable it actually is.

I cannot see anyway to change it to 5GHz, but assuming it is ok on 2.4GHz that will do.

other questions, can I watch a box B recording via box A while someone else is watching:-

A) live TVs on box B

B) another recording on box B

C) a recording on boxA via boxB.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote