View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 11:09   #438
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Liam Halligan's piece

IMHO a much more balanced view.
But how does a balanced view fit into project fear part 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
3% on final items being sold to the public is not a big deal. 3% on components, bulk imports/exports, materials etc is a much bigger deal.
Is 3% a much bigger deal than a 20% currency fluctuation?

... and the latest from Merkel is:

Quote:
German chancellor says success can be achieved ‘if we are all clear in our minds’.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Friday she was confident Britain and the rest of the EU could reach a good deal on Brexit “if we are all clear in our minds.”

“From my point of view, there are absolutely no signs that we can’t succeed,” Merkel said early Friday morning after the first day of an EU summit in Brussels.

“If we are all clear in our minds, I have absolutely no doubt that we can reach a good result,” she told reporters.

“What I find it hard to understand, when we need a result by March 2019, is why people are already talking in October 2017 about what might happen at the end of the process,” Merkel said.

The veteran chancellor said there had been progress in the Brexit talks so far but it was not sufficient to move to the second phase, on the future relationship between Britain and the EU.

“I believe, in contrast to the way things are portrayed in the British press, that things are progressing step by step,” Merkel said.
http://www.politico.eu/article/merke...e8f6-189986277

Last edited by Osem; 20-10-2017 at 11:34.