View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 15:56   #127
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Proven here

Not only Den seems no others had this issue my parents had despite me connecting to the VM network the EPG data was still incorrect
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35401477-post153.html
Are you trying to say that this has never happend with the Sky box?

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
No argument with this statement from me, other than mine loses network connection a lot, along with BB. However I have been told & therefore accept the problem is outside my boundaries.
That sounds more like a BB issue, rather than a Tivo one. So call CS and try and get your BB issue sorted.

It's just like your car won't run properly if you fill it with contaminated petrol.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
And as has been pointed out, that requires manual intervention to select the recording and watch it, and rewind if required. How is that comparable to and automated service that changes channel at the start of the programme? If I wanted to just record stuff and manually view the in-progress recording I could have done that on my V+ as well. Guess what? That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be able to leave another channel (a music channel for example) on in the background and have my box automatically tune to ESPN America when the live baseball starts so I can get on with other things an listen to the nice music and be able to hear when the game starts because the box has tuned to it. So just because it's not a big issue to you doesn't mean that it isn't for those of us who have made great use of reminders in the past and would like the functionality on our TiVo boxes.
So aren't you capable of manually switching channels, and have to get a box to do it for you???
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote