View Single Post
Old 21-04-2008, 00:01   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The (stupidity of the) Metal Gear Online Beta

It's ridiculous.

I can't see how Konami couldn't have realised it would be so popular, & I really can't see how anyone at Konami could have been so unbelievably stupid as to insist on ignoring PSN & making us all sign up for two extra online IDs (well, *try* to sign up!).

I mean, it's simple, isn't it? Use the PSN Store for downloading the up to date version of the Beta, and use PSN IDs for logging in to the game etc.

But, no... instead the Store has an out of date version (even though it only went up a few days ago!), so you have to update it - outside PSN - using some awful P2P method. And instead of using a unified online ID - such as, well, the PSN ID - we have to get both a Konami ID and a Game ID...if we're lucky enough for the Konami website to not time out.

It's a joke.

I've seen on other forums, that what few people have been lucky enough to get the update & get the IDs, are then having serious problems actually logging into the Beta, & the Konami servers are not holding up very well...

As I said before, I've given up on it.

The way Konami's farce is going, I don't think I'd have much of a chance to get a go at the MGO Beta before the GTA IV release.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote