View Single Post
Old 24-09-2007, 10:12   #74
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: iPhone UK Release info

Functionality should always come before looks.

There are a lot of decent smartphones out there now or soon to be released, like:

Glofiish (sic) x500
SE w960i
O2 Orbit / HTC P3300
Samsung i600

All of which are similar or better than the iPhone in various ways. All have the advantage of that as it has Windows Media or Symbian, you can freely add to the device with applications useful to you. You can't with the iPhone without a constant cat-and-mouse battle with Steve Job's ego. AJAX is Javascript based which as developers will tell you isn't the most powerful language out there. I wouldn't expect a Apple-approved VNC/SSH client or shell scripts.

There are a lot of good articles out there about the iPhone, this this being one of them.

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Sorry missed this bit: Although those phones don't really add to what you've already got (or add little), I think you'll easily become weary of its limited applications.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote