Thread: TiVo
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 13:22   #1790
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Re: TiVo

There's a lot of complaint in this thread (and others) about how VM has handled the rollout of TiVo boxes.

With big tech releases like this (early adopters for smart phones and tablets show similar types of complaints), you are never going to be able to please everyone when rolling out and communicating what's going on.

Most of the people on this forum thread are eager for TiVo and are fairly tech savvy and are scrutinising VM's every move, which most users won't be. They'll get to hear about the service when VM offer it to them, or by word of mouth, or by advertising when it comes.

I think we're being unfair to VM. They've got a massive task to roll out new tech to the masses in a way that will keep the majority of their customers happy and hopefully tempt Sky users to join up.

Let's all be patient and put a little perspective on things. Good things come to those that wait, and I'm damn sure it's going to be good.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to hear more first hand experiences from those lucky early adopters in this thread, to test my patience to the max.

Boz