View Single Post
Old 14-02-2017, 19:09   #203
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post

Trump's ban was not a Muslim ban. The fact that many, many more Muslim nations were not affected by the ban, shows that accusation to be nonsense.
It was a Muslim ban from the specified countries because it gave priority to Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Why ? Did you ask them all ? Are you sure about that with your armchair degree in law?

A Federal Judge in Boston initially upheld Trumps Order, before a District Judge, in Seattle, temporarily blocked it nationwide.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...l-ban-45237826

So no, not ALL the courts disagreed at all.
Yes because Trumps Muslim ban was thrown out of court and denied ,had the judges agreed with it he would have won ,even you should be able to understand that simple piece of logic.You can be as pedantic as you like Mick pretending that because one judge initially allowed it "so not ALL the courts disagreed at all"(but the rest banned the ban)that just makes you look ridiculous ,you need to accept that he was wrong ,the judges said he was wrong ,you need to accept it .No doubt you will come up with more reasons why you are right and the USA's judiciary are wrong because your armchair degree is better than mine but i really can't be arsed with you and your ilk any more so i'll leave you to come up with more ways to be wrong

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Well you offered two point that I responded to.

Point one that

My response

The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court advised

So the administration didn't provide any evidence at all, they just argued that the County court shouldn't be able to overturn the EO.

So that test about the level of detriment/ threat hasn't been done.

Your second point was

my response

The actual judgement from the Circuit Nine Court says

So they advise that the administration are unlikely to win an appeal in regards to the "due process" part of the claim. They note the allegation of religious discrimination but that is not why the appeal was not upheld

So in reality the Court (singular) didn't disagree with me on anything.

I'm surprised you've made this mistake as you're usually so very well informed.

If you want to digest the courts ruling you can here:

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...9/17-35105.pdf
see above