View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 14:06   #30
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: sky sports red button

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I look at it a bit differently i pay £22.50 a month for sky sports for that i think we should get a full service and why not,sky did invest thats a given but against a background at the time of BT post privatisation being forbidden for a few years launching a tv service so you could say sky has had a leg up.

Also we as taxpayers made an investment in BT which sky now have access to for their broadband offering without ever having made any investment themselves in the telephone network,or indeed laying their own lines.

I cannot have access to sky but after forking out a hefty amount a month i do not see why i should have to start to watch a cricket match,only for it to continue on red button with no access for me.

Sky have invested but they make no bones about using things others have invested in,glass houses and all that.

---------- Post added at 00:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Think it was the ofcom pay tv enquirey which said sky sports 1 and 2 red button only.

Unless vm made a different deal at the time of the sale of their channels to sky
Ofcom agreement was for Sky Sports HD1 & 2 access for fair price to VM, BT.

VM did a seperate deal (as part of the VMtv sale) with Sky for Sky Movies HD, Sky1HD, Sky Arts HD1 & 2, the then Sky Real Lives HD channels and red button access to Sky Sports.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Completely agree, it should be a full service. Just checked the Sky website and SD Sports is £20.25 on top of whatever TV Packs you have.

I appreciate VM need to make some profit on each SS sub but we VM customers effectively pay more or less the same as Sky Customers for an inferior service.
This is what VM believe too. The launch of red button will close that gap somewhat.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote