Thread: V+ Tivo/V+
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 11:57   #14
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Tivo/V+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Hello..... I actually get called out to this.

I have one particular customer who has had 4 tivo in the last 3 months.

The procedure is:

He sits me down in his sofa, turns the TV off closes the door and we listen. He has a very quiet house, right enough we can hear it clicking away.

I've explained that this is normal, tried rubber feet, went from cisco to Samsung and back to cisco. He keeps insisting his friend has a quiet tivo so he wants one.

They all make a noise. Most houses ambient noise is louder, but some are not.

It's similar to the sh1 psu issue. I could hear every single curved psu screaching away but was constantly told it must be a faulty batch, no, I could hear EVERY single one.

As I said before they ALL tick and rumble. It's just that 99% of people find it acceptable
Mine didn't. It was extremely quiet.

My new V6s are the same. If you put your ear to them, you can hear a very quiet sound that is a little like someone exhaling gently. But I tend not to attach my ear to the machine while watching TV or carrying out other activities around the house.

I could do, I suppose, but my family would give me funny looks and probably start looking up the local care homes...
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote