Thread: V+ Tivo/V+
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 14:21   #1
jim98
Inactive

jim98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tivo/V+

At the end of my tether with Virgin so hope you guys can help. After all the recent price increases I had a 'discussion' with them (been a customer for 20 years+) and agreed to reduce my TV from XL to Mix and reduce broadband speed,for a significant monthly 'discount'. Happy with the new rates then the girl told me I was entitled to a Tivo box. I've had my V+ without any problems and was happy but was still pleased to get the Tivo. New box duly arrived only to discover the loud rumbling noise. Spoke to VM guy in India who said it shouldn't make a noise and would send me a new one. New one arrived with the same problem at which time I did a bit of googling to discover they all make the same horrendous noise.
Turned on the box today, still waiting for it to wake up after 10 minutes whilst it still showed the same 'no signal' error that both boxes have shown,although the message normally goes after a minute or so. Not this time so phoned VM and told them I just wanted to just re-connect my old V+. The nice call centre guy said no problem and he would connect me to someone who would send down the required codes. Put back through to VM in England only to be told I would have to revert to my old package, at the old rates, to be able to re-connect the box. I said I wanted to keep the mix and 50Mb broadband, just wanted to use my old box. Someone(hiding behind a desk somewhere) then told the girl I was dealing with that it wasn't possible to do that.
My question to you guys is: 'Could someone at VM have simply re-connected my V+ box without affecting the rest of my TV/broadband package'?
Please bear in mind I never requested a 'new package or tivo' I just agreed to reduce my package for a reduced monthly cost. And I haven't signed the new contract.
jim98 is offline   Reply With Quote