View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:45   #762
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
Yes. Like I said. Whatever you have the SL set to, episodes with generic data will always be recorded.
Agreed which is a weakness of Tivo, never had this issue with V+ but Tivo schedules recording based in programme content I believe so even when set for “new only” on recordings, it will record a programme when there is only generic information available.

My son records a programme (Wipeout USA I think) for which there is only 1 new episode per week, but there are 3 lots of repeats per week as well and Tivo records every one despite “new Only” being selected. So every week we have to delete the repeats after they have been recorded or go into “Planned Recordings” and delete the scheduled future recordings.

A real nuisance I have to say and something Tivo and its programme content providers need to eliminate. I would propose an option for users to select “do not record if generic content programme information available” is added to Tivo recording settings and could be invoked for an individual series link to deal with the odd case like this.

I believe VM did do some work last year in reducing instances like this since they were certainly much more common from my perspective. However I now only have the 1 instance of repeat recordings I do not want as detailed above. I think there is a web site still available where you could actually log instances such as this, has been done in my case but problem still remains for me.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote