View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 07:58   #1043
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

I think that scraping licence fee or an alternate way of public funding is very short sighted, and would lead to an American style TV system. Quality Drama and the broad spectrum of minority interest viewing that the BBC produces would only be available via a pay TV, not to mention the educational output the BBC produces.

Considering the vast services that the BBC produces; TV, Radio, news, web services etc. I think it's a bargain at around £12/month. And I do understand, that for some people, that is difficult to afford. But the alternative would be more expensive.

It's public service broadcasting. And, with all public service provisions, not everyone benefits from a specific service. But for the country as a whole, it's a good and necessary service.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote