View Single Post
Old 14-10-2010, 16:33   #13
David H
cf.member

Services: Virgin XL TV, 100 meg broadband
David H is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cheap international calls?

There was a trick of some description as making data either prominent or visible is the task of the web designer. As the 'reasonable person' in law is taken as Mr Average, then if I as Mr Average read the website, their only means of communication, and am unable to see hidden wherever they have hidden it a second set of prices for cable, then it is a trick. I have no idea where those prices were put, I looked twice, once when deciding and once after getting the higher charges, but nothing was to be seen. I am assuming they are indeed present otherwise they would be breaking advertising law, but if small print and deeply hidden links are responsible then although they are always within the law it is not going to win them any friends. And as they are still a fraction of the cost of cable and have no other companies to compete with (I am assuming the other has almost identical prices as well) it's not as if customers have anything better on offer so may as well avoid the nasty shock.
I haven't had the time or patience to look a third time for the prices to cable customers but would be interested as an exercise to see if anyone else is able to find them.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote