View Single Post
Old 18-04-2017, 17:13   #33
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: June 8th General Election

It'll certainly be an interesting result. There is no doubt really that the Conservatives will win many more seats, but it will be interesting to see how Labour and the Liberal Democrats do.

So many traditional Labour supporters do not rate their leader at all that I would not be surprised to see their support completely collapse. But will the Liberal Democrats benefit from Labour's devastation, together with additional support from diehard Remainers? Quite likely I think - I believe UKIP will remain on the sidelines, but they could pick up a few seats - only single figures, though.

It will also be very interesting to see how the Scots Nats do. Most Scots don't want another referendum on leaving the UK, and the economy is worse in Scotland now than when the last referendum took place. This, together with the poor record of the Scottish National Party in government, could lead to a substantial loss of votes for them, and fewer SNP MPs in the House of Commons. A better Conservative presence in Scotland certainly cannot be ruled out.

If the UUU take over in Northern Ireland, this might relieve the deadlock at Stormont.

The big win for Theresa May will be that all the obstacles to Brexit that the usual suspects are putting in her way will evaporate overnight. She will get the mandate she needs for a hard Brexit as well as the authority not to put a final vote to Parliament as demanded by the Lib Dems.

She's pulled a blinder, and good on her!