Thread: Google Android
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 16:30   #453
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Google Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
I don't know if this happens with windows phones, other android phones or is just a Samsung issue but my 32gb micro SD card has apparently started to degrade to a point where when it's in the phone the phone reports that it doesn't have a sim inserted within a few minutes of booting. The only remedy is to run the phone without the SD card.
This has happened twice now, once in my wife's note 2 and now my s4. It's not as if we buy cheap no brand cards, they are branded but only seem to work for a year or so before causing issue.
Don't put the SD card in the sim slot and it wont be a problem.
Sorry couldn't resist.
On a more serious note I have never heard of that one before though I know on an earlier firmware my s3 would periodically through out the insert sim error. Never had an SD card in my s3 though, I just used the internal memory. So I doubt its related.
EDIT: I wonder if the error is similar to a failing hard drive in a PC. The delay in I/O causes the whole system to hang or at the very least makes all the healthy drives and occasionally network connectivity stall.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote