View Single Post
Old 30-03-2017, 13:24   #7
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: Was this an hard question to ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by lojelo5 View Post
Now from a customer point of view I found it very unprofessional that at 1st she didn't want to answer my questions
She didn't want to answer any of your questions because she couldn't give you a correct answer. Giving you ANY kind of answer would be a shot in the dark for her as the rules for new customers vs existing customers are completely different. If she had given you an incorrect answer (Which is extremely likely), there's every single chance you could then say "well a different agent told me lies!", Virgin would have to investigate this and the poor sales agent would very likely get disciplined for it, or even lose her job.

They're not trained for anything other than new customers, they're told repeatedly never to touch existing customers lest they want to get in trouble. It's the same for the tech support lot, BB support don't touch TV and vice-versa, even if they know what the issue is - it's process that they're drilled to follow because when people don't follow it, bad things happen.

Virgin as a company might be some big evil empire run by men in suits with no regards for anything other than profits, but the people you're talking to are just regular, normal people doing a ****** job for even ******** pay. Nobody wants to work first line support, it's a job you do because you've got bills to pay, because there's no better alternative or because it's a stop gap to a better job - but right now, they need it and that's the truth of the matter.

All you wanted was a bit of text that said you were entitled to a few quid off your bill - so you could wave it in the customer service agent's face if they told you that was for new customers only. You wanted that and you didn't care if it was at the expense of some other agent who's job isn't even to look after your account.

Frankly, I find it a little selfish of you to put an agent in that position.