Thread: VOD Price of PPV films.
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 18:45   #5
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Price of PPV films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I've not even looked at PPV films for years, but after seeing a review of the new Daniel Radcliffe film 'Jungle' (out today), I thought i'd see if it was on the VM VOD service.

I was to gobsmacked to find that it's £6.99!

I'm not sure how this compares to Sky & other online services, but I'm not prepared to pay seven quid to watch something at home, even if it is in HD and brand new.

I've set up a Wishlist and will watch it on a linear channel- i'm not that bothered for seeing it straight upon release.

Maybe it's not VM's fault and it's the greed of the film companies?? They may even find that a more realistic price would attract more customers and they'd make more profit.

How do others feel about these prices? I've often thought that Netflix etc could raise revenue by offering one off purchases, (like the adult services do on VM) for those not wishing to subscribe on an ongoing basis.

Do prices tend to go down as the film ages?

At £7, if they have it, it would better value to subscribe to Sky Movies for a month!
ppv can be expensive i prefer to use Sonys rental service on my ps4 as the ppv movies range between £2.50 - £4.99 in hd too.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote