View Single Post
Old 23-06-2017, 07:40   #3500
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onramp View Post
I'm pretty sure the future of TV is an aggregated list of "channels" - where each channel is a broadcaster-specific-themed or branded content portal (instead of a single channel of live video for each one).

Inside that "page", will be iPlayer-like content branded by that content provider, plus a selection of live events. Especially for sports. For example, instead of Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 2 etc, there would be a "Sky Sports" content channel, that contains on-demand content, plus live events.

Same again for Viacom (for example) - there would probably be a separate "MTV" channel, containing a whole selection of "16 and pregnant" stuff along with a small selection video charts based on sub-genre - then Nickelodeon (for example) would be another "channel" that you can select, which inside it has a bunch of programmes for kids to select from, with maybe some live streams in there for events.

Eventually, I don't think people will be allowed to record things any more, what will happen is that each "channel" will make the content available for a set period of time only.
Yes, that's similar to my thinking. Material will be available for a fixed or indeterminate period, but you will be able to 'buy' it if you want to keep it.

The existing concept of having hundreds of live channels in packages as now will disappear. It will all be on demand so you can see what you want, when you want it.