Thread: General VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 17:59   #35
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Is the "Public WiFi" Traffic tunneled off somewhere or at least on a different Vlan/External IP interface than the private network traffic?

I'm not wanting to deal with the crap that would follow if someone on the "Public" side decided to access something they shouldn't.
If you look at the Operational Configuration stats in the Hub, you'll see the Service Flow listed. That is your service flow. Hidden from you, is the service flow attributable to public WiFi. I think it's capped to 20/2 - maybe BenMcr can comment on that.

As to the shared 2.4GHz wireless frequency, there is only one radio in the el-chepo hub so it has to use the same frequency as in your house. Unless someone is standing right outside your house downloading like hell, (if they can even see a signal) they will contend with anything you're doing on the 2.4GHz band. I

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote