View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 17:52   #7
dudley
Inactive

dudley is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: parental controls dilemma :o(

I hear what you are saying re just turn it off manually, however I am not always here to do it and his mother can't be left alone with anything more high tech than a tin opener without it all ending in tears.

He is quite capable of looking to see what is unplugged but is not that much more tech savvy than his mother and at present he has never attempted to reconnect the internet himself. He certainly isn't able to go into the web interface and switch it back on - and if he was, he would still need to get my wife or I to log him onto XP - all of our computers require a log on.

Surely one of the manufacturers must do this kind of thing? If not, then they really are missing a trick as I am convinced there are non techie parents all over the world who would happily pay out for a decent router with this stuff built in - so long as it was very easy to use. I don't see that it could be so difficult to do. The thing is that the interface needs to be designed by or in conjunction with a non techie parent not a programming geek!

And thank you so much to Ramrod for your suggestion.
dudley is offline   Reply With Quote