View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 15:55   #1961
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Best defend myself then

The reason why I correct the regular lies that 52% of the country voted to Leave is that it did not. By constantly putting forward this assertion gives the impression that it was the "will of the people" in a populist sense. It is open to debate the exact number of people in this country that did, do and will, going forward, agree with Leaving.

What is beyond doubt is that the country is divided and fractured on this matter. There is no "will of the people" here.

Of course I accept the mathematics of the Referendum vote. You have to be stupid not to do so. However, you would also have to be stupid to misrepresent it.

Any Brexit deal must cater for both sides of this divide since the consequences for such a seismic, structural change in our society impacts all especially the younger generation who clearly did not want this.

So please go ahead and shout me down for standing up for what I think is right ...
if that's your defence we'll get on with the hanging