View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 09:37   #1955
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Providing you know where all the 600,000 or so are? So we can ask them to leave.

Exactly, so you spend milllions tracking them, deporting them and they just waltz back in and you can do nothing about it.

pretty much unenforceable within the Schengen zone - which we're not it thankfully

As I say pretty much unenforceable within Schengen

Back to the previous comment, why spend millions registering, tracking and deporting EU nationals when they can just hop on the next train back and there's nothing we can do.
I had a dig around to see if I could some numbers and most countries do not report expulsions under 2004/38 rules. However, Belgium, France, The Netherlands and the UK do so we can compare three Schengen countries including one of equivalent size and GDP to the UK (France)

The most recent data I could find was from 2013 where the following numbers were expelled;

Belgium - 2712
France - 10915
Netherlands - 360
UK - 3601

Looking in a different way using the proportion of the EU population in each country who were expelled;

Belgium - 0.34%
France - 0.77%
Netherlands - 0.06%
UK - 0.13%

France, though in the Schengen zone loves kicking them out!!

If you're interested, the report is here - https://www.academia.edu/32395964/Wh...ates_Practices