View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 17:54   #1423
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I agree with you in principle, that said, things have come a long way from 60 years ago, including personalities, it is ignorant to suggest a country won't consider launching a nuke or two if under duress.

North Korea, keeps threatening to nuke the US saying it is working on the possibility of a Nuclear missile capable of reaching the US. However, such threats, are just brushed off as the usual rhetoric from them.

Yes I agree, it is in extreme circumstances, but as I already said, a country, like Russia, with such capability and that was put under duress, through a military attack, I doubt would just look at it's nuclear arsenal and forget about using them.
20 or 30 years ago, I would have agreed with old boy. Both presidents were relatively sane and I never seriously thought either would press the button. With Putin and Trump, I am not so sure. I think both are arrogant enough to think that whatever bunkers (or other safety measures) they have in place to protect themselves will work, and that they will end up ruling the earth if they can just nuke the other guy..

---------- Post added at 16:54 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I can think of another element it consists of that rhymes with Hitler.

But I am just going to say any way that it is just bollocks. Last week we had, 'Russians propped up Trump' in the US Election and in this weeks episode, we have them having material to 'compromise him', I was going to say you could not make this crap up, but someone clearly has for kicks. I find it hilarious that CNN, also nicknamed Clinton News Network, appear to be the first gullible news station to run with the fake story.
Yet you appear to be citing, as proof of your story, an article that links to a post on reddit claiming credit. Sorry to have to ask this, but how do you know that the Russians didn't register that account, then create the post just to cover their tracks?

I'm not saying they did, but it is entirely possible.