View Single Post
Old 30-10-2015, 15:30   #672
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post

Two more I liked though you could see the story line getting weeker and weeker.. When are Sifi writers gonna learn that the story must evolve like for example true blood
Never really got into Defiance myself, although I could see it was well made, it just didn't grab me.

However, there is a increasing unwillingness amongst the networks to give new shows a chance. If they don't become a hit in the first couple of seasons, they are axed.. If that thinking had been applied to (say) Star Trek: The Next Generation, we'd have missed out on what I consider to be some of the best stories written for TV (OK ST:TNG wasn't consistently greate, but it was good and did produce some arguably classic stories.

The US also seems to be going for short seasons. I suspect this is budget related as the budget for a good sci fi show can easily reach into the millions per episode even with the advantage of CGI..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote