View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 14:46   #11
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I find it staggering that with our cradle to the grave NHS that so many people are considered as disabled. I suspect the definition has been greatly broadened in order to massage the jobless figures.

There must have been a time in ages past when these people would have had to have worked and a "bad back" or some ill defined malingering would just be an inconvenience rather than a meal ticket for life.

Whilst genuinly disabled must be given help it annoys me to see a car with a disabled badge park in the disabled bay and the driver positively leaps out to go shopping. It's that sort of abuse that needs to be checked. And before I get castigated, yes I know that some symptoms come and go but if you're having a good day shouldn't you leave the disabled bay empty for someone more deserving?

Some more disability stats
Totally agree ,even fat people are classed as disabled nowadays ,and before anyone castigates me i know that some weight problems can be caused by medical issues but it should never be classed as a disability imo