View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 23:56   #277
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
If people on here are not aware of what the UK has to offer the U.S.A then you really don't understand the current arrangement we have much less any future deal and the U.S.A will definately be open to a wider trade aggreement then we currently have. Having observed the attitude on here that the UK has nothing to offer and will accept table scraps from whoever we do trade deals with also shows that despite what you think you don't understand or have any real knowledge of a sector where the UK is at worst at the forefront and usually is ahead of all competitors.

Personally I'm sick and tired of the entire defeatist attitude and the willingness at any point to run the UK down and often by elevating the position of the EU. Deals are being negotiated already and thank god the people handling them don't have the online attitude and view of the UK. Yes so far our negotiations with the EU haven't been very positive but I'm starting to understand the approach and the outcome that is being prepared for. I think the best thing for some on here is to move to the EU and leave the UK in your back mirror best outcome for everyone.
Damien's made some great evidence-based points but you've not responded to any of them.

---------- Post added at 23:48 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Meanwhile, the EU 27 have an interesting solution to the island of Ireland dilemma.
Quote:
The European Parliament is to call for Northern Ireland to stay in the single market and customs union in order to protect the integrity of the EU’s borders.
MEPs have concluded it is the best solution to the problem of ensuring there is no border in Ireland. The move has the support of all major political groups.

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As for TTIP, don't expect the EU to sign up to that any time soon. I would have been in my grave for a century by the time that happens, and even that will be a miracle!
When do you reckon the UK will sign up to TTIP?