View Single Post
Old 14-05-2017, 16:36   #44
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Your favourite 'gadgets' - NOT phones :)

I wouldn't be without Hue lights now. In my living room I have 2 blooms lights, one behind the TV and in a corner (both coloured), 2 lamps with living white & colour bulbs, 2 ceiling white ambiance bulbs. An Ambiance bulb in the bedroom and in the hallway. All can be controlled via iPads, iphone, Android phone, wall switch, Harmony remote and PC.

They are also voice controlled with the Amazon dot. All the living room lights are labelled as 'All' as a collective, so I just ask Alexa to turn all lights on or off or turn all lights to 20% and it does it. Or I can ask Alexa to control any single light only.

The bedroom light gradually comes on before the alarm goes off and increases brightness over a set period, then will turn off automatically at a set time. They can all be controlled over the internet via phone when you're outside too.

If I ask Alexa to harmony cinema, the lights in the living room corners will change to a soft red, the light behind the TV will go to a nice blue colour. The light behind my monitor till turn off. The TV will turn onto the correct HDMI channel etc etc etc.

It can take a bit of setting up but when it's done then everything is really very straight forward and not at all complicated to use.

Last edited by peanut; 14-05-2017 at 16:42.
peanut is offline   Reply With Quote