View Single Post
Old 19-08-2017, 21:32   #4
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Who gets the football transfer fees?

It's strange though, like in America where they have a wage cap so teams can only pay a certain amount, and players have taken cuts to get another well paid player in their team, so the team does well, I suppose in the long run that helps their career if they then win the league, cup, get more sponsorship etc.

A work mate and I had a discussion about best paid US sports, he said it was baseball, I thought no way, would be basketball. Interestingly the top baseball players are on a better salary than the best paid basketball players, however, the sponsorship deals etc of the basketball players are greater than baseball players, i.e. over double their salary so they earn more per year.

I digress, a wage cup in football, would have to be universal, otherwise a lot of the best players would go to the best paying countries, and as you say with FIFA being corrupt, and cost of living varying so much around the world it couldn't work.

TV Networks, Chinese companies etc getting involved with obscene amounts of money as well, who knows if the bubble will burst one day? season ticket prices are expensive for premiership clubs, sports channel subscriptions are high, but a lot of people, some happily, some begrudgingly are still paying them.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote