View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 17:07   #21
RizzyKing

Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Wasn't it quoted on this very forum recently that by the governments own figures fraud AND OVERPAYMENTS amounted to 2.5 billion now i would dearly love to see fraud cut to zero but it is never going to happen. Whilst a substantial sum of money is lost to the two things above as a country is it that much that it justifys the condemning of the sick and disabled even if i wasn't a claimant i would say no (actually had that attitude before i was forced to give up work). There is a campaign to label all claimants as frauds, scroungers, lead swingers and basically burdens to the country it was started by labour and has been picked up with gusto by this coalition and with the help of rags like the daily mail the perception that if your claiming your a fraud is sadly spreading.

Unless your sick and disabled you really don't have a clue just how much hostility there is towards us and it is becoming a regular thing. I manage to get into my town centre every couple of weeks (it's a 350 metre walk by which time i need to take two painkillers and sit down for an hour) we go to a cafe where we have a breakfast me and the wife and for the last six visits there has been a smartbackside sitting making stupid comments about how i shouldn't have the benefit to afford a meal in a cafe. I have seen him and his merry bunch of cretins also ridiculing other people out and about in the town in wheelchairs and mobility scooter things (although i often rage against those mobility things but).

I am sorry i have a genetic desease beyond my control that will eventually mean i canoot even move around my house to any decent standard i am sorry i havn't just gone off and swallowed all my pills to make things easier. Can the people in this country make their mind up once and for all do you want a welfare state lets have a damn vote on it. If you vote no then people like me will know where we stand and can do whatever we are able to try and live or if you do then stop expecting me to get down and thank you all the damn time for money that i get because i have always been grateful to the taxpayer in this country for the tax they pay that allows our system but lately i am getting sick and tired of being targetted because of something i cannot help.

Being honest if it were not for my wife and close family i think i may well have seriously thought about suicide because living day in and day out with no hope of complete cure with a level of pain that makes the worst migraine feel like a minor hangover isn't a barrel of laughs. Sorry bit more rage then i planned but i am really getting sick of it as it is becoming almost a daily thing with someone or something hitting at claimants and usually with no practical experience of living on benfits it gets you mad.