View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 17:48   #32
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Whiskey View Post
All modern DSLR's have a Program mode where the camera does everything for you, once you've got the hang of that you can try the other settings:
Aperture - you set the f stop the camera does the rest (useful to get rid of distracting background by limiting the Depth of field - DOF - f5.6 has less DOF than f22 for instance).
Shutter - You set the shutter speed the camera does the rest (useful to capture fast moving objects).
Manual - You set shutter and f stop.

You normally see these called the PASM set. You will also have Scene modes where the camera is set up for landscape, night time etc.
I wish there was a smilie that illustrated my glazed eyes expression. LOL DW when I get a camera in my hand you can talk me through a few shots, until then you seem to be talking in a foreign language..

Quote:
I would rather buy new over second-hand, you never know what sort of use the camera has had, modern cameras are really small computers and expensive to repair.
I thought that if I picked one with no sign of wear, and from a reputable dealer who gave a few weeks warranty I could be on to a winner there. It worked with my last car.

Quote:
The Olympus E-420 has had good reviews (What Digital Camera give it 86%).
I don't think it will take the OM10 lenses as it uses the new Four Thirds mount. The Sony A200 might be worth a look (What Digital Camera give it 89%), Amazon have it for £284 - http://bit.ly/3PzqU3
I will have a look at the Sony. I need to be able to feel the camera in my hand and see how the weight of the lenses alters the balance before I buy anything so I guess I will be visiting a few Camera Shops over the coming weeks. Cue enormous resigned sigh from John.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir John Luke View Post
E-bay. Never felt to happy dealing with anyone I couldn't look in the eye, and I think I would also rather see the camera I was buying if it was already described as refurbished. Is there any particular Canon starter model you would recommend if I was to buy from new?