View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 17:13   #31
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Re: CF: Clickers Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
I can't really go for anything over £800 so the £1000+ range of camera's are untouchable for me.
I'm thinking £500-£800. Depends how much I want to put on credit card or save up lol.

I've read that DSLR's tend to have different sized sensors but I guess at my prce point I shouldnt really worry about that?
From a quick browse the other day I seem to quite like the Nikon range.

Once I buy a DSLR, do I need to buy addional lenses or are the packaged ones not bad?
Also, are all lenses compatible?
A little like motherboards, I don't want a motherboard that won't take the new CPU.

Sorry for all the questions. I appreciate your help.
I was actually looking at the D80 the other day but maybe is it worth waiting for this new D3000?
The sensor size plays a large part in the quality of the image, full size 35mm (43mmx36mm) sensors are found on the D700 and D3x (25 megapixel approx) which explains their prices. Most of the cameras in your price band are APS-C (30mmx25mm) and 10-12 megapixel.

The 18-105 kit lens that comes with the Nikon D90 is very good as is the other option I've seen the 18-55. All Nikon lenses made over the last fifty years will work to some extent with all modern Nikon cameras. Third party Nikon fit lenses are available from Tamaron, Tokina and Sigma (to name three). You can't put a Canon lens on a Nikon camera or vice versa (that would be to easy on the customer wouldn't it).

The D3000 is the replacement for the D60 and looks like it's going to be an ideal camera for the new DSLR owner. The D90 is the replacement for the D80.
http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/.../overview.html

If you want video then the D5000 is an option, the D3000 doesn't have it.
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote