View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 16:51   #8
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Are you having subtitle problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I guess it's because he wants to start yet another campaign against Virgin Media. Maybe my speculation, but he has form. Just look at all his other posts.

One of these days, Richard will have a genuine problem, and like the boy who cried wolf, no-one will be listening, because everyone will be fed up with this constant attention seeking from an individual with an extreme attitude of entitlement.

Richard - if you have a genuine problem with your service, just report it to Customer Services. That's what the rest of us do, and we get the issues resolved. Maybe I'm wrong, but sometimes I feel that these price hikes are down to you raising so many issues that they need to employ an army of staff to deal with them.

You must be pummeling your remote control all day to find all these 'faults' that you can publicise on these forums. If you used the service normally (ie just to access and record your programmes as the rest of us do) you would probably encounter no problems at all.

Maybe you just need to get out more. Now, it's spring, so no more excuses!
Your rudeness is deteriorating, perhaps this behaviour is reserved for severely disabled people as you follow them round the forum? I have never started a campaign of any sort against VM.

Do you not think that those with hearing difficulties should be able to enjoy watching the television?

This thread was created to ascertain if there is a fault on the system or not. Who started it, why they started it and if they should have started it are wholly irrelevant.

As at this moment in time, it looks to be a platform fault.

Instead of trying to be clever, you could try to be helpful to disabled people and check your own STB and then vote.

If you aren't prepared to be helpful and just want to make my life more difficult, I think it's time you either stopped interacting with me or put me on ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Or it could just be a fault.

Cheers

Grim
Exactly, that's what I'm trying to find out. I was thinking that it might have been a problem with my HDMI lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiskilled View Post
I don't think anybody would say not being able to watch a recorded programme at double speed with subtitles is not meeting a broadcasters licence commitments, or even a fault. Are the subtitles present when played at normal speed?
I agree, but the fault is present at normal speed.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote