View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 14:47   #2574
jonandmarkuk
Inactive

Services: Samsung HU8550 (SEK-3500), Yamaha RXV777, Full House TV, 200Mb, 2 VM v6 Tivos, Slingbox.
jonandmarkuk is on a distinguished roadjonandmarkuk is on a distinguished road
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't think that you mentioned that your problem was 4k only (unless I missed that bit). You are right; you need an amp that is HDCP 2.2 compliant for 4k. Paranoid content providers forced the extra layer of protection for 4k. I don't suppose equipment manufacturers were too upset about people going out to buy new kit either
Sorry it was because I was replying to someone who had an issue with 4k and an Marantz AMP (odd enough the spec for the model seemed to support HDCP 2.2).

How long before someone finds a way to make everything redundant due to HDMI 2.1 coming this year??? lol http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/2017/01/hdmi-2-1/
HDCP like you say is just yet more unnecessary 'features' when most people just want things to 'work'

HDCP 2.2 has already been broken anyway, simply google 'HDFury' and I'm sure anyone who wants to copy something isn't going play back the content in order to do it.
jonandmarkuk is offline   Reply With Quote