View Single Post
Old 29-08-2008, 23:03   #15
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: fibre optic is ist worth it?

Quick mention, 20Mbit is not scheduled to be upgraded to 50Mbit, 50Mbit will be a new tier, not a free upgrade.

I also had the pleasure of paying ntl £50 a month for 1Mbit a while ago

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagoly1 View Post
When I had cable, I have to say it was ultra reliable. But some areas did experience issues with it.
In 2 years of having cable I had 3 weeks of total service loss.

1 failed modem which took a week and a half to replace, the half week trying to book a replacement then a week wait for an engineer.
1 network issue which took a week to resolve.
1 fault in local cabinet which took a few days.

The network issue was shocking. A tech had a big list of houses all in the same area, all with the same fault, and had to go to each one for whatever reason to test and note that they were all toast. Not good diagnosis, especially as I gave the fault over the phone.

These were all in different areas. When it's good it's good but heaven help you if it goes wrong
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote