View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 10:22   #1457
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The questioner is referring to the Attorney General or Department of Justice and if they can halt it. Since the accusation here is that it was the White House it doesn't contradict that statement so he won't get in trouble about being under oath.

Either way we'll see if Corney has anything more substantive to the accusation next week.
Sorry but I disagree. Comey specifically says, 'I'm talking about a sitiuation where the FBI is told to stop doing something, for political reasons, that would be a very big deal, it's not happened in my experience.'

No where in that sentence does he say, 'It's not happened in my experience, but saying that, the President of the United States did ask me to halt it.'

Comey saying in his testimony that it's a big deal to be told to stop an FBI investigation, that he should not have said under Oath, that it has not happened in his experience, he said it twice.

No one has seen this memo, it was dictated down the phone to the New York Times reporter by an anonymous source. Too convenient in my book.

Lots of lawyers and Attorneys backing Trump on this one.

For Comey to come out now and be asked, did the President of the United States, tell you to end Flynn investigation? And he says, yes, as an investigation committee member, I would be referring to his May 3rd testimony and say, 'So, Mr Comey, did you tell a lie, under oath, that in your experience, being told to stop an investigation for political reasons never happened and when you made that statement, again under oath, if it was such a big deal for the FBI to be told to stop an investigation, surely it's an even bigger deal, that an instruction is passed to you by the President of the United States?'