View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 19:35   #22
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: 10 meg what download speed should i get

I am able to hit around 4mbit (in evening) from a server that directly peers with ntl, strangely enough speedtests from ntlworld are slower which I dont think is down to the webserver been saturated but rather ntl's core network between me and ntlworld.com or possibly my proxy server.

So it seems the reseg which happened earlier has had an effect my speeds have roughly doubled from around 0.5mbit to 1mbit on worst locations and 2mbit to 4mbit on best locations.

Almost any other download link is slower probably down to saturated peering and congested ntl network en route to peering, things here are becoming harder and harder to diagnose.

Even at 5am sort of time downloading from germany now has the triangle speed graph sympton where it takes an age to get to full speed on a file bringing the avg speed down.

I had a ntl fan boy arguing with me earlier in week saying ntl kick ass and its my pc so I invited him to bring his pc over which he did, the look on his face when he seen how bad things are here.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote