View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 15:26   #363
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The district is quite large so I think it probably is possible albeit maybe less easy. I haven't heard of them denying accommodation on that basis. I don't really have an opinion one way or another on that.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...ssed-dh0v09ljw (behind paywall)

Quote:
Offers of housing have been made to 139 families but most have been refused because they were seen as unsuitable, sometimes too small or too far from relatives and schools. Some residents rejected properties close to the burnt-out tower, which caused distress.

Aziza Boud, 44, a mother of five who is staying in two hotel rooms with her children, said the only offer she had received was in another borough. Her hotel rooms have been rebooked until the end of August.

“They offered me something like for like but it was so far from the kids’ school,” she said. “Why should I go there when we have lived in the area and our homes were here? The council don’t come here or tell us anything. Everything we hear is from hotel staff.”

Sid-ali Atmani, who has lived in Kensington for 21 years, said the only accommodation he had been offered was in Westminster. It had only two bedrooms and was not big enough for his family. “We are not asking for the moon, we are asking for dignity,” he said.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote