View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 23:08   #17
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack
Re: Lag Compensation - MW3 PS3/Xbox Gamers

I guess I meant a stream. In any case, something that maintains a constant bandwidth without maxing out a connection and/or triggering STM (though in theory being STM'd would work too..).

MW3's lag compensation 'punishes' those with good connections in a bid to bring everyone to a level playing field. Stifling your connection to their servers first, apparently bypasses the activation of this throttling, which by all accounts is way too severe. The developers have supposedly acknowledged this and promised a patch.
I don't have a problem myself with it - too busy with real life and family to worry about such things - but the issue is fairly well documented within the COD community, and having a download/stream going while playing apparently gives the desired outcome.

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmfriend View Post
According to some people on here it's not the game it's VM, even after I posted something similar !
It's not VM. The issue isn't just UK based.
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote