View Single Post
Old 17-01-2017, 20:25   #165
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Of course this would be on top of the current government funding.Not in place off.As i mentioned before, ask mr branson to run it for free, as he offered too before the government gave it back to the camelot "fat cats" again.I bet you people would desert camelot's lottery in droves if they thought their money was going to the NHS.Simples.Oh and peoples desire to play the lottery/gamble is insatiable these days and so would ensure a "healthy"supply of funding to the NHS.
tbf, he said it wouldn't make a profit, not that he would run it for free..

Camelot currently make just under two pence profit on every £2 ticket, and Camelot is owned by a Canadian Teachers Pension Fund, so any profit goes to paying Ontario Teachers pensions...

https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/l...the-money-goes
Quote:
From total ticket sales of £7,595 million in the year ending 31 March 2016:

£1,901 million was raised for National Lottery projects
£4,198 million was paid to players in prizes
£911 million went to the Government in Lottery Duty
£333 million was earned by retailers in commission
So Camelot make around £75-80 million in profit each year on seven and a half billion pounds in sales - not exactly a massive profit margin...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote