View Single Post
Old 20-12-2016, 23:19   #2496
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
Hello all. Last week I signed up for the Limited Full House deal as a new customer (with Quickstart - haven't plugged any of it in yet as still moving into new house). Thanks to BenMcr's post on this thread about new customers receiving the V6, if I had instead signed-up this week I would be receiving the new TiVo V6 box, with free engineer installation (according to the website), rather than the older model.

Phoned Virgin to see if they would swap the old TiVo to the new one, but they weren't terribly helpful. Wondering what I should do here, as I am still within the 14 day period where I can cancel, and then could sign-up again as a new customer. I would rather not do that, but at the same time don't want to then have to pay to upgrade to the V6 box later down the line. Further complication is that I signed-up through a friend's referral, so not sure if I would then be counted as a new customer and therefore both qualify for £50. I've yet to e-Sign the contract.

Any advice on what to do here most welcome.

Go through to Retentions ('thinking of leaving of leaving us' option) and explain your dilemma. They have more flexible options than Customer Service.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote