View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 23:17   #9
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: St Petersburg metro explosions kill ten

It's a standard 1kg TNT IED, radius of 25m that's vastly increased by the ball bearings, it's horrible that I've had to say standard but this is now the common device used with ball bearings or even nails when explosive terrorism occurs. It's been made by emptying a mortar shell, leaving you with the 1kg. It's bodged into a sawn up fire extinguisher. At 25m without those ball bearings it can be a fatal device but it's not a mass casualty situation, the addition of those is beyond crude and disgusting, it easily doubled the casualties, I can't give exact specifics but it's akin to a shotgun firing off 20 rounds in a 360 circle simultaneously except with far great power, easily shredding both carriage and anyone in it's path. All in all, you've got a decent sized pipe bomb with shrapnel attached.

The image we both linked are of the same bomb, again the issue is these were taken in full open view of the public who had yet to be evacuated, the response was quite shocking given our own services closed off Westminster for an unexploded bomb in the Thames upon my visit in January.

We've seen similar devices in the Boston bombings and the NY state chelsea explosion, pressure cooker nailbombs. Disgusting creatures.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-04-2017 at 23:36.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote