View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 01:18   #2
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: Bump Starting a Diesel

I don't think that you can bump start a diesel.....

I'm trying to think back now to how internal combustion engines work.....

Suck, squeeze, bang, blow.....

Nope, don't think it will work.

(Actually, I know very little about internal combustion engines, just wanted an excuse to post suck, squeeze, bang, blow >

The thing with diesels is that the compression (the squeeze bit) required is a lot higher than it is on a petrol engine. Unless you get sufficient compression the thing simply won't start.

I think you're gonna need to make sure that the batteries in really good nick and that the glow plugs are hot at the moment that you dump the clutch.....otherwise you're gonna find yourself at the bottom of a hill with no way of getting back up
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote