View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:40   #7368
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
But that was a change in the nature of the service they were offering.

I thought most people regarded Amazon Prime prices as being rather lower than elsewhere. I've heard it all now!

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Seriously, Den. Politics? I'm not the one who raised issues such 'they are getting too big' and 'how they treat their staff', which are irrelevant to this argument.

If it is not understood that competition leads to lower prices, maybe some tuition on economics is required. There have not been enough players for the Premiership Football rights to demonstrate this to date, but as more competition comes in, things can start to change. I've already outlined how Amazon (as an example) could bid more yet lower prices, and to say that higher prices will follow 'end of' does rather indicate that you have a closed mind on this subject, Den.

Profit is certainly the prime motivator for all companies, but lower pricing gets you a better share of the market. Sometimes, it's the only way to get into that market.
l think if anyone's mind is closed on certain things regarding the TV market then perhaps you might see his image in your mirror.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
why keep on about this myth please tell us what happened to price with competition between sky vm and bt OB when did they ever become lower
Rose tinted glasses and ivory towers spring to mind Dave.