Thread: Superhub There's some UPC in my hub
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2017, 15:25   #16
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: There's some UPC in my hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Each variant uses the same customisation option over the core code to present their branding.

But I'd expect that as UPC is a brand across multiple countries then this is the default brand in the UI.
I suspect that the customisations are installed after the system is booted.

A similar thing happened when I had my old Windows Mobile. It was an HTC Tytn II, with T-Mobile branding (I forget what T-Mobile called it, but it was a Tytn II).

When you did a factory reset, for about 1 minute, you got the vanilla Windows Mobile dialler, until it got around to applying T-Mobile's customisation and the efficient, and actually relatively nice looking dialler built in to Windows Mobile was replaced by the slow, frankly pug ugly pink and white T Mobile dialler.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote