Thread: US Timeline Star Trek: Discovery
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 07:32   #142
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

Do you know what, having read your post I have decided I am not going to bother watching it, which I never thought I would say about Star Trek in a million years. I can accept a movie every 3 years as a scifi-action and accept the modern new look and effects but there needs to be more than that for a tv series. There is something special that makes Star Trek what it is and that is the science, exploration, morals and struggle to do the right thing. There needs to be more to a series than action and special effects every week.

I harp on about my "realism" factor and things making sense. I grew up with tng, ds9 in my teens and voyager finished when I was at uni so I know it all inside and out and changing the Klingons to something new isn't "realistic" for the Star Trek universe and I am not going to be able to enjoy it because I am going to be watching every episode scratching my head thinking how things don't tally with what we know. Part of the reason why I think I enjoyed Enterprise more than most people is because of the "development" episodes. Although many people argued that it wouldn't be new and interesting because it is all history, I loved how it meshed with the other series and we saw how they developed the phasers, photon torpedoes, shields, dealt with the Klingon ridges and even "reed alert". It all made sense and if they are going to go and change a formula that has worked for decades then I am not interested.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote