View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:54   #31
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Local elections 2012

Well I had to choose which single councillor I wanted to represent my ward. I had three options: Labour, Conservative, or Liberal Democrat. In the last election I voted Liberal Democrat across the board and yesterday I voted Labour. I don't like Labour at the moment, I think Ed Miliband is a terrible leader of the party and I wanted Labour to do poorly at the polls in order for him to be kicked out.

However I also wanted the Liberal Democrats to see their vote collapse, to have a bloodbath and lose councils and councillors across the country. I wanted them to see that they will pay with their party for supporting the conservative policies that their voters were strongly against. I voted Liberal Democrat in 2010 because I was concerned about the gradual erosion of civil liberties under the last government, now the Liberal Democrats will likely support the Conservatives in bringing in a database of all our communications. The very same database they and the Tories claimed to be upset about when Labour tried to do it. Also, What happened to the 'freedom bill', designed to roll back Labour's policies? Meet the new government, same as the old government.

The Liberal Democrats are spineless, gutless, unprincipled cowards* and I hope they lose badly today.

Not that I get angry about these things.....

*and yes I am aware you could make a case that voting for policies that will seriously harm your party isn't cowardly but screw em
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote