View Single Post
Old 24-04-2012, 21:54   #32
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I back the General's view on this. You are VM Staff - so you're not even likely to have to suffer at the hands of the offshore agents - I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Also you make no mention of the prior skills and competencies that are required from the offshore agents before they are hired. It seems to me that the UK agents have more network knowledge than the offshore agents.

Unless VM people can come up with an explanation from their side as to why the offshore call centre is so unpopular with its customers, then they would be wiser to keep quiet (and answer my question about hiring criteria).
Sheila Burgess said in one of the meeting during the discussions over the closure of the Albert Dock that Virgin Media could not envisage a time that they would get rid of offshore call centres.

Now that was from someone quite high up the chain of command and they obviously have not learned from companies such as Santander who brought back their call centres from offshore because of the outcry from their customers.

Now this has secured 500 plus jobs within the UK and made many Santander customers myself included very happy.

I have spoken to Virgin Media offshore agents as a customer and have had both good and bad experiences from them.

When I worked as a 1st line agent my eyes were opened as to how bad many of the offshore agents were and the many times we had to resolve the issues they caused, sometimes they just outright lied in the notes about what they had done on the account and in many cases they never even entered an account which meant no traces of them could be found and they just blatantly lied to the customer which is why you see posts talking about reboots or the modem being switched off and still the offshore agent acted as if they could see the device with their online tools.

I know that the are a few agents who have been with the company a long time but they are few and far between but customers have no faith in them because of their colleagues.

Also those little questionnaires people receive known as NPS the company always posted the results and in every single category offshore beat the UK call centres hands down and always by a significant margin, which goes to show how stupid the upper management actually are because without a doubt these figures are massaged and I would go as far as to state they are fake but they still produce them and so not think to make them look more competitive.

Any member of Virgin Media staff that cares to refute this knows that they are just covering up for a management that is hiding the truth from its investors because offshore costs a lot less than any uk call centre.

You may have noticed that I have only called them offshore that is because they have Indian, South African and Philippines call centres all offering a similar level of performance, listen to the accent next time you get an offshore agent.

If you want rid of offshore complain loudly and often and possibly like Santander they may eventually listen.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote