View Single Post
Old 24-04-2012, 21:30   #31
Nopanic
Inactive

Nopanic has reached the bronze age
Nopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze ageNopanic has reached the bronze age
Re: Really rubbish connection. India says everything's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I back the General's view on this. You are VM Staff - so you're not even likely to have to suffer at the hands of the offshore agents - I might be wrong but that's how it seems to me.

Also you make no mention of the prior skills and competencies that are required from the offshore agents before they are hired. It seems to me that the UK agents have more network knowledge than the offshore agents.

Unless VM people can come up with an explanation from their side as to why the offshore call centre is so unpopular with its customers, then they would be wiser to keep quiet (and answer my question about hiring criteria).
A long time ago I used to be on 2nd line, I took calls from India, so take the experience you have and times that by thirty times a day for about 9 months.

There are poor agents in India as in the UK, but they are trained the same and the requirements for call centre staff in India are far higher than the UK.

I've spoken to agents who struggle to follow a process because they simply don't understand the process, but when questioned on a technical subject they run circles around me, (not hard I hear you cry).

They are unpopular because they are unpopular. The amount of people who don't like them is based on other people building this wall for them to break down before a customer will even listen to them.

Like it or not, the customers who complete feedback and we see the raw data from the feeds, rate the Indians very highly overall.

Personally, its UK agents all the way for me, for the sake of jobs at home.
Nopanic is offline   Reply With Quote