View Single Post
Old 14-01-2011, 23:40   #382
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: TalkTalk tracking you, phorm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thank you, BC1 - are the other bots from other IP addresses causing the same issue?
that is not 100% clear as the poster does not make it clear if all bots are causing the problem or just some,

but from the topic title it infers all are to me, but reading the topic in full it is not clear, i have posted a question over there asking for clarification

bc1

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Thank you for this - if bots from other ISPs are causing the same issue on that site, I wonder if it is due to the same reason? (we need to be careful of the old "correlation does not imply causation" fallacy, do we not?).

On that note, I notice that the forum that is having issues distributes/uses the same forum software as Phoenix Broadband (which was having the log out issues) - SMF (Simple Machines Forum).
i agree we need more information before making assumptions, so i have asked the question, we now wait and see the response

it could also be more than just talk talk are using the same kit and causing the same issues

there are many possible scenarios and explainations
bluecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote